If there’s one thing that takes the sting out of Back to School shopping, it’s saving money. Fortunately, this is the time of year when many states have tax free weekends for shoppers, typically good for clothes, shoes and school supplies and computers. The Single Parents page at About.com has compiled a list for 2014. The list is smaller this year because several of the Gulf Coast and Atlantic states cancelled their Back to School weekends in favor of Hurricane Preparedness. Also, a few states have outright repealed it, because they want that sweet, sweet tax money!
Here are the Confirmed dates for Tax Free Back to School shopping:
- Alabama: August 1-3
- Connecticut: August 17-23
- Florida: Cancelled in favor of tax-free Hurricane Preparedness
- Georgia: August 9-10, 2014.
- Iowa: August 1-2
- Louisiana: August 1-2
- Maryland: August 10-16
- Mississippi: Whoops! We missed it! July 25-26
- Missouri: August 1-3
- New Mexico: August 1-3
- North Carolina: CANCELLED! Try South Carolina or Tennessee!
- Oklahoma: August 1-3
- South Carolina: August 1-3
- Tennessee: August 1-3
- Texas: August 8-10. (They also have LAYAWAY!)
- Virginia: Aug. 1-3
Have you done the tax holiday for back to school? Have any tales of big savings? Leave a comment at the MindField Online Facebook page. And have a great weekend!