For hard-core shoppers, the day after Christmas is the real Black Friday, and a day off from work for many shoppers. Expect large chains to open early and close well past their usual hours as customers exchange unwanted presents for more desirable ones, redeem gift cards they’ve collected, and spend any holiday cash that turned up in their stockings. – Consumer Reports
Sounds like a ground zero of retail insanity: crazy price cuts coupled with people having the day off from work. I will pass. But the rest of the week? I might give the mall a try or, better yet, see what after-Christmas deals I might find on the web.
Among the post-Xmas deals you may find this year:
- Deals on anything holiday related, from cards and wrapping paper to reindeer-print pajamas
- Williams Sonoma: up to 88% off on Holiday items
- Amazon.com: up to 75% off on apparel, electronics, and groceries
- Gymboree: 50% off
- Aeropostale: up to 70% off
- Oshkosh B’Gosh: up to 70% off
- Cabela’s: up to 70% off
- Old Navy: up to 70% off
- Pottery Barn: up to 70% off
- Barnes & Noble: 50 to 90% off
- Walmart: 50% off clothing and toys
Read more at Consumer Reports.
So, how about you? Did you head into combat on The Day After? How about the rest of this week? Any big returns? Gift certificates to burn off? What specials did you find? Let us know!