I found a stack of mildly interesting graphics on the web, describing various aspects of today’s Connected Consumer.
Today, consumers of all ages and lifestyles are connected to the brands and businesses they love via multiple screens and devices. In fact, 90% of all media interactions today are screen-based. This has many implications, especially for online shopping, customer service, and the nature of communication in general. Survey Analytics
There are a few surprises buried under all the bars and pies and percentages, chiefly that the connected consumer ISN’T a “tweeting twenty-something” (not that this is a bad thing...) Instead, the “average” connected consumer is a 40-year-old woman with a household income of around $60K who owns several devices.
Take a look at some of the numbers…
What are we using?
- In addition to a PC or laptop, 43% own a smartphone and 16% own a tablet.
- 81% are on Facebook
- 60% use digital catalogs
- 87% interact with retailers via websites or mobile sites, but…
- only 4% use a retailer’s mobile app.
What are we buying?
- #1 item purchased on tablet or PC: Electronics (about 55% for both)
- #1 item purchased on a smartphone: Music (42%)
What do we say about ourselves?
- Connected Consumer’s top-3 answers: Savvy, Frugal and Spontaneous
Interesting note: the #5 way that CC’s describe themselves is “Addicted.” A little self-awareness is a good thing, I guess! There are a lot more graphics with more numbers, statistics and pretty pretty colors colors HERE, so take a look!
So, do any of these numbers sound like you? The trend running through the whole thing is that this connected consuming is on the rise. Have you caught the bug? Let us know over at the MindField Online Facebook page!