As a MindField Online member, you’re probably pretty savvy when it comes to saving, surveys, rebates, couponing, and free stuff in general. If not, here are few ideas from MoneyTalksNews.com for grabbing those sweet, sweet freebies. Some are classics, and some have a new spin – many having to do with online resources and new technology. Take a look, read the original piece, and then try out a few of the links provided. Yay, free stuff!
- House Parties: This field has expanded – It’s not just Tupperware and Pampered Chef these days!
- “Swap Sites” allow you to set up lists of stuff you have and stuff you want to get rid of. To paraphrase George Carlin, “Why is everybody else’s stuff junk, and all your junk is stuff?”
- Free samples: of stuff! Cosmetics are big on these.
- Free-after-rebate sites: You have to buy it, you have to mail it in, and you have to wait. But it might be worth it!
- Health freebies: Prevention is big these days. Often, you can avoid co-pays for preventative doctor visits. And there always seems to be a Free Screening of some kind at every weekend event.
- Other health care freebies: My mom has done this for years – asking for free drugs at the doctor’s office!
- Free fitness: Find a diet or fitness plan, free places to work out and exercise, even free trainers!
- Free classes: From free language courses, to how-to classes at Home Depot, and beyond!
- Free phone calls: Conserve your data with Skype.com! Me, I use the NON-video option so I don’t have to look presentable
- Free Books: It’s not just the public library that offers free books these days – there are online options available as well!
Here are some links to some potentially useful Freebie sites:
How about you? Are you big on freebies? Is the work you put into them worth it? Have you found some good ones we missed? Let us know over at the MindField Online Facebook page!