Happy Friday MindField-ers! How are your new year’s finances? What does this next year look like for your pocketbook? About this time of year, I start adding up all the potential projects that are rumored to be coming my way. I have come to realize that if my year EVER matched my rosy January predictions, I could have retired years ago.
So, in the meantime, you look for ways to make more money. Maybe a big new job. Maybe a part-time thing to help pay the bills. Maybe it is a lot of little things, which is today’s topic.
MoneyTalksNews.com has compiled a list of “50 Ways to Make a Fast Fifty Bucks.” You will find a lot of the usual things (have a garage sale!) but there are some unusual ideas, as well – many of which relate to opportunities you can find on the web. Here are some highlights…
- Performing tasks: Lists about ten websites you can visit to pick up odd jobs
- Sitting: House, pet, baby, etc. Includes links
- Selling: Garage sales, Craigslist and more. Lots of links.
- Renting: Airbnb, etc.
- Crafts: From swap meets to Etsy.com, sell your crafts! Links aplenty!
- Claim lost money: I have done this. It can be a hassle but, if the money’s big enough, it’s worth it!
- Medical Research: Like those two dum dums on the old Drew Carey show!
- Manual Labor
- Using your talents: Be a math tutor, teach piano, etc.
I don’t know about you, but I have stumbled onto this article at just the right time. I will be looking into this for sure. Here’s that link again. How about you? Could you use a few extra bucks to help pay off those holiday bills? Have you tried any of these ways? How did it work out? Let us know over at the MindField Online Facebook page, and have a great weekend!