Hope everybody has a great time with family and friends this Christmas Day. BE SAFE! If you get a chance, join us over at the MindField Facebook page, and tell us about the most meaningful gift you received this year. Not the biggest or most expensive, but the one that touched you most. Take care and Ho Ho Ho!!
Here are some fun Holiday spending statistics (including Hanukkah and Kwanzaa) to quote at the dinner table, as reported by the National Retail Federation. You’re welcome.
- Total Spending: $804, up 5% from last year
- Gifts for…Family $460, Friends $80, Co-workers $26, Pets $30
- Decorations: $54
- Food: $100
- Cards: $30
- Flowers: $20
- Where we shop: Discount stores 62%, Department stores 60%, Internet 54%, Grocery stores 52%, Catalogs 31%
- When we started shopping: Before Halloween 40%
- Average spent when we start early: $636
- Average spent when we start late: $1074