Looking for some good financial news? Well, the stories are out there, and Yahoo Finance dug up a few of the better ones.
Most of these folks got into debt in ways you would recognize. Student loans, sudden changes in health, unemployment…and plain ol’ bad decision making. We’ve all been there. So it’s good to see that people can climb out of the hole if they make a plan, make some sacrifices, and stick to it.
The headlines include:
- Single mom retires $5000 of debt in a year while only earning only $21K
- Family of five pays off $100,000 of debt in just four years
- Woman eliminates $50,000 worth of debt in two years, despite six months unemployment
- Retired couple cashed it all in to travel the world
- Couple pays off $118,000 worth of debt in four years – on $70K annual earnings
These are just the headlines. There are some pretty inspirational stories behind them, so check it out!
How about you? Ever been in the hole? How did you make it out? Do you have an inspiring story? Let us know over at the MindField Online Facebook page, and have a great weekend!