Just read a piece, a slideshow really, in the latest Reader’s Digest. Entitled “How Rich People Think: 25+ Things They Won’t Tell You,” it gives us a glimpse into the wealthy person’s mind. Some of it is kind of dumb, like “I bet you think I own a lot of suits, but I don’t!” But thoughts on how they make, spend, save and think about money are more interesting. Here are some highlights:
- Be persistent: don’t quit until you get what you came for, such as a job, a client or a good deal at car dealership.
- Cut out the middle man whenever possible.
- Look for savings, and don’t be embarrassed to use coupons!
- Don’t waste anything!
- Be bold in the workplace. You won’t get anything if you don’t ask. And aim high!
- Make connections, form relationships and hold on to them. You never know who will send you that next great opportunity!
Pretty interesting stuff. There are a couple of humorous ones, as well. One guy says that giving gifts is always a no-win situation. If you give something normal, you’re being cheap. Give something awesome, and you’re just showing off. Boo-hoo, rich dude!
So, what’s the best advice you’ve ever heard about making, saving or spending money? Let us know over at the MindField Online Facebook page!