According to personal finance guru Dave Ramsey, there is a pretty common list of things that we waste money on. He has published a Top 10 over at his blog, and here are some highlights. See any familiar sins?
- Deal websites: I went through a big Groupon phase, and wasted a lot of money. Not Groupon’s fault, though. I just misjudged my ability to get off my butt and travel to that new place all the way across town!
- ATM fees: Unfortunately, my small bank only has a few locations. But I ONLY use their ATM to avoid fees.
- Premium shipping: Actually, I am way to impatient to wait for two weeks! However, Walmart (among others) doesn’t charge if you ship to the store and pick it up yourself.
- Unused gym memberships: The legend goes that health clubs sell at least twice the number of “New Year’s Resolution” memberships than they can actually handle, since most people quit in February!
- Premium cable packages: Not only did I cut the premium cable, I quit cable all together!
As always, there’s much more at the original piece, so check it out! Have you been a waster in the past? On what? How did you change your habits? Let us know over at the MindField Online Facebook page!