Yes, children of mothers, Mom’s Day approaches (2 days, gentlemen.) Whether we have planned well in advance, or begin scrambling right after reading this post, recognizing Mom is a wonderful tradition – and a big consumer event!
Take a look at these stats, courtesy of StatisticsBrain.com:
- $671 million: Total amount of money spent on Mother’s Day Cards annually
- $126.90: Total average amount of money the average person will spend on gifts of their mom on mother’s day
- $1.9 billion: Total amount of money spent on flowers for their mothers on mother’s day
- $14.6 billion: Total amount of money that will be spent for mothers on Mothers Day
- 96%: Total amount of consumers that will take place in mother’s day in some form
- 24%: Total percentage of all transactions on holidays that take place on Mother’s day
- 69%: Total percent of all gifts bought on mothers day that are flowers
- 13%: Total amount of flowers bought on mothers day BY mothers that are for themselves
Awww, that last one is a bit sad. Please don’t be that dope whose mom has to buy her own flowers! But seriously, what are you planning for Mom’s Day? We want to know!
Have a great weekend and a HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!!