But, what if you have already made these cuts, and you’re still feeling the pinch? Take a closer look at your grocery habits!
There’s a pretty interesting article at Money Talks News called “16 Ways to Cut Your Grocery Bill in Half.”
Here are some highlights:
- Buy Discounted Meat: If you’re like me, you plan to eat pork chops, and then go buy them. Instead, see what’s on sale, and then plan your menu around that. This might not work if (like me) you can only cook 4 things!
- Meatless Monday: Not as a moral or political statement, because YAWN. Just to save money! At my house, we have a big salad at least once a week.
- Only Buy Food: At a Publix or Kroger or whatever, things like laundry detergent can be crazy expensive. Save that for Walmart!
- Buy Generic: Store brands, yo! You can save up to 30% on things like pasta, salt, etc.
- Embrace Inconvenience: If it comes in snack size, you don’t want it. Buy the big box of pretzels and some baggies. Cut your own fruit salad. Spend your life combing through circulars for coupons. Convenience is pricey!
There are 11 more tips of varying awesomeness at the original article, so check it out!