The National Retail Federation says that average spending for Mother’s Day is up this year – $173 vs. $163 last year, which is the highest amount since they began the survey. So, how do we spend those precious mom-dollars?
- Total spending: $21 billion
- Average spent per mom: $173
- 80% will buy a greeting card, spending $786 million,
- 67% will buy flowers, spending $2.4 billion.
- 36% will buy clothing items, spending almost $2 billion
- 34% will buy jewelry, spending $4.3 billion
- $3.8 billion spent on special brunch or activity
- $1.8 billion spent on smartphones or e-readers
- $1.5 billion spent on spa days
- $890 million spent on housewares or gardening tools
- $480 million spent on books and CDs
There is much more info at the original piece, so check it out!
How about you? Is your Mother’s Day spending up, down or about the same? What are your plans for Mother’s Day? Let us know over at the MindField Online Facebook page, and…Happy Mother’s Day!!
Mother’s Day is here! Whether you enjoy a close, loving relationship with your mom or, you know, NOT, Mother’s Day is an important holiday. How will we be spending our time and money this Mother’s Day? Well, according to an article published by the National Retail Federation, entitled “Families Look to Shower Mom with Gift Cards, Brunch, Apparel Items This Mother’s Day,” it looks like we intend to shower mom with gift cards, brunch and apparel items this Mother’s Day! Here are the stats!
- 81% will send a card to Mom
- 67% will send flowers
- 43% will buy a gift card
- $3.8 billion spent on brunch or dinner
- $3.6 billion on jewelry
- $2.3 billion on flowers
- $2.1 billion on gift cards
How about you? What are your plans for your mother, grandma, wife, etc? Let us know over at the MindField Online Facebook page. Have a great weekend, and a terrific Mother’s Day!
And here are some more fun stats for Mother’s Day!
Pause while all the dudes say, “Wait? Is Mother’s Day coming up!?”
Yes, children of mothers, Mom’s Day approaches (2 days, gentlemen.) Whether we have planned well in advance, or begin scrambling right after reading this post, recognizing Mom is a wonderful tradition – and a big consumer event!
Take a look at these stats, courtesy of StatisticsBrain.com:
- $671 million: Total amount of money spent on Mother’s Day Cards annually
- $126.90: Total average amount of money the average person will spend on gifts of their mom on mother’s day
- $1.9 billion: Total amount of money spent on flowers for their mothers on mother’s day
- $14.6 billion: Total amount of money that will be spent for mothers on Mothers Day
- 96%: Total amount of consumers that will take place in mother’s day in some form
- 24%: Total percentage of all transactions on holidays that take place on Mother’s day
- 69%: Total percent of all gifts bought on mothers day that are flowers
- 13%: Total amount of flowers bought on mothers day BY mothers that are for themselves
Awww, that last one is a bit sad. Please don’t be that dope whose mom has to buy her own flowers! But seriously, what are you planning for Mom’s Day? We want to know!
Have a great weekend and a HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!!