According to the Weather Channel, “more than 85 million people – or roughly one in every four Americans – were covered by either a blizzard watch, blizzard warning, winter storm watch, winter storm warning, winter weather advisory, or freezing rain advisory from eastern Kansas to the Carolinas to the New York City area.”
Even here in not-a-chance-of-snow Charleston SC, people are freaking out. But I’m not going to make any jokes about “OMG! Snow-pocalypse 2016!” Not this time, because this sounds like the real deal.
Preparedness for you and your family is key. So, as a public service, here are some useful links on winter storm preparedness.
- Storm Watch: When It’s Coming and Where It Will Be Worst
- What to expect from winter storm Winter Storm Jonas
- More things to know about Winter Storm Jonas
- Even more things to know about Winter Storm Jonas
- How to survive a snowstorm
- Winter storm preparedness from the Red Cross
- Storm supply list
- What foods to buy?
- Forget milk: Here are winter weather food shopping tips
- The best tools for digging out and de-icing
- Airlines tell you to stay home, offer vouchers
- How to beat winter blues and cabin fever
Well, there’s some winter reading for you. Though, chances are, you’ll be reading it by candlelight! From MindField Online, we hope everybody stays safe and warm!