Like it or not, you will probably spend some time this Memorial Day weekend in a big box store, or at the mall, or squinting at your computer screen while you look for bargains.
So we thought we would share some Memorial Day shopping do’s and don’ts, as presented by US News.com. Here are the bullets:
- Do: Research
- Don’t: Forget the basics: (bring the flyer or coupon with you, etc.)
- Do: Buy appliances
- Don’t: Buy summer essentials (Wait until AFTER the holiday)
- Do: Find free shipping
- Don’t: Get scammed (Memorial Day scams often target military or their families)
There are many more details at the original piece, so check it out!
US News also has another piece, “7 Memorial Day Sales You Won’t Want to Miss“, so check that out, too!
Somewhere in this piece (okay, now) I feel obligated to say that Memorial Day is not about buying a new refrigerator. I mean, a refrigerator IS one of your best deals this weekend, don’t get me wrong! Just try to remember those who paid the ultimate price. Here is a good place to learn more about Memorial Day.
What do YOU think? Are you heading out for some retail combat? Having a cookout? Let us know over at the MindField Online Facebook page, and have a great Memorial Day weekend!
For some, Memorial Day weekend is a time to kick back and do nothing (some like ME.) Others like to hit the shopping center and reap the savings at the big Memorial Day weekend sales (some NOT like me.)
If you’re into the shoppin’ and the savin’, what can you expect to find this weekend? Kiplinger.com shares some thoughts…
- Apparel: Up to 50% off at places like Aeropostale, American Eagle Outfitters, JCPenney, Nordstrom’s , Land’s End and Sears
- Appliances: Up to 45% off at places like Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowe’s and Sears
- Camping gear: Up to 50% off at places like Backcountry.com and REI
- HDTVs: (And other home electronics) Up to 50% off at places like Best Buy and Amazon
- Mattresses: Up to 50% at places like Macy’s and Sears
- Tools: Up to 50% at places like Sears and Lowe’s
As usual, these are just the highlights. There is much more info at the original piece, as well as helpful links to deal sites and specific sales. So check it out!
So, how about you? What are your Memorial Day weekend plans? Staying in? Grilling out? Shopping to you drop? Let us know over at the MindField Online Facebook page!