- Thrift Stores: Not going to go into my love/hate relationship with Goodwill (you’re welcome) but now is the time at this and other second-hand stores. They’re stacked to the ceiling with the stuff you got rid of during Spring Cleaning. Have fun buying back your own junk!
- Refrigerators: Just happens to be the time of year when the new models ship to store. So last year’s gleaming, untouched side-by-side gets kicked to the curb in favor of one that looks exactly like it but costs $100 more!
- Mother’s Day: Last month was better, but if you have waited this long, skip jewelry. AFTER Mom’s Day, buy jewelry for next year. Then, put it in your hall closet, and never see it again.
- Memorial Day: Truly, one of the more authentic holiday sales. Real savings, instead of “30% off our already inflated prices!” Best yet, immediately after Memorial Day (act fast!) all of that red, white and blue stuff is waiting to be snapped up, to use for your 4th of July cookout! If you really want to confuse your drunk guests, make sure the banners still say “Memorial Day”!
Those are your savings highlights for May. Check out some more useful links below:
- Frugal Living: Save Money in May
- Florida Today: Discount deals in the month of May
- LifeHacker: The Best Time to Buy Anything
- MSN Money: Best and worst things to buy in May
- Frugal Living: DealNews: The Best and Worst Things to Buy in May
Do you have any May savings secrets to share? Let us know over at the MindField Online Facebook page! And have a great weekend!