Leap Year… who came up with that? (Pope Gregory, actually.) An extra day every four years is just…weird, somehow. But also kind of fun. When I was a kid, a friend’s mom had her birthday on February 29th. She REALLY enjoyed telling people she was only 12 years old!
That extra day – February 29th – is coming up this Monday, and retailers and restaurants are having a little fun offering Leap Year/Leap Day deals. Some offers are for everybody, and some just for Leap-ers. Some are only valid Monday, others give you time. So, call ahead. Let’s take a look!
- Great American Cookies: Free Cookie Cake
- Hard Rock Cafe: Free entrée
- Honeybaked Ham: Free or discounted sandwich
- Krispy Kreme: Discount on second dozen donuts
- Olive Garden: Free dessert
- Starbucks: $29 off $100 order
- Tropical Smoothie Café: $2.29 smoothie, regular $4.49
- McAlister’s Deli: Free cookies
- Dollar General: $5 off orders of $50
- Foot Locker: 15% off of $70 purchase
- Lands’ End: 20% off swimwear
- Lane Bryant: $35 off online purchases of $150 or more, free shipping
- Lids: Free shipping on orders of $50 or more
- OshKosh B’gosh: Save 25% off orders of $40 or more
- Verizon: $50 off select smartphones
These are just a few of the bargains on and around February 29th. Be sure to check out “Celebrate Leap Day with these 55 deals and discounts!” From money dude Clark Howard. And grab those Leap Day deals, or you’ll miss out until 2020!
How about you? Any big Leap Day plans? Let us know over at the MindField Online Facebook page, and have a great weekend!