Have you heard of “Customer Experience?” Also called CX, It’s a field of customer satisfaction measurement that studies the following aspects of your dealings with retailers and service providers:
- Success: Did they have what you wanted?
- Effort: How easy was it to get what you wanted?
- Emotion: How did that make you feel?
Sounds kind of simple, but it’s a serious field of study. There’s a lot of math!
The gurus in this field do an annual survey that interviews 10,000 people about 250 companies across the consumer spectrum, such as retailers, computer makers, credit card issuers, fast food, insurance companies, rental cars, and on and on. Then they release the results.
A few highlights…
- People LOVE their grocery stores. The top 20 represents 25 companies (there are several tie scores), and includes 13 grocery chains. Publix is the number 1 grocer, as well as number 1 overall.
- The rst of the top 5 are Fast Food, Other Retail, Package Delivery and Banks.
- The bottom of the list: Health Insurance providers!
- Finally, every major section, including the favorites on the list, has seen its ratings decline in the past year. Why do you think that is?
If you want more detail, check it out! Anyway, the big story here is overall satisfaction with supermarkets. How about you? Which grocer is your fave, and why? Let us know over at the MindField Online Facebook page, and have a great springtime weekend!