Remember when all the cool toys were dangerous? I remember something called the Monster Maker. Sort of like the boy version of the EZ Bake Oven. You melted plastic in these aluminum forms to make little rubber monsters. Oh, and you also melted your fingertips. Good times.
Well, toys are a lot safer these days. There are a few, however, which are still iffy. So, some professional do-gooders called “World Against Toys Causing Harm, or W.A.T.C.H., issued the “10 Worst Toys” list to remind parents and consumers of the potential hazards in some toys as the holiday shopping season gets underway.” …NY Daily News
- Catapencil: a pencil with a miniature slingshot-style launcher on its end. Yes, you could put an eye out!
- SWAT Electric Machine Gun: Looks too real
- True Legends Orcs Battle Hammer: presents a risk for blunt impact injuries
- Alphabet Zoo Rock and Stack Pull Toy: has a long string you might choke on
- Air Storm Firetek Bow: Shoots projectiles up to 150 feet. Again, potential eye injury
And just so we don’t leave out the girls…
- Lil’ Cutesies Best Friends Doll: parts break off, presenting a choking hazard.
You can read the rest and get all the details at the WATCH site. My two cents? As always, there are legitimate concerns on the list, some that seem kind of a stretch, and some that are a little silly. What do you think? Let us know over at the MindField Online Facebook page, and have a great weekend!