Let’s check back in (yet again) with that helpful article at The Simple Dollar entitled “How to Save Money: 100 Great Tips to Get You Started.” They’re not all gems, and not all will apply to you, but you’re sure to find a few that hit you right in the pocketbook. We have looked at the top 40, now it’s the next 10…with bonus dumb commentary!
41. Prepare some meals at home. We do it 5 nights a week.
42. Switch to term life insurance. I don’t know. Has anyone done this? Do you save?
43. Stick to reliable, fuel-efficient cars. Sounds like a no-brainer, but you can save thousands over the life of your car.
44. Avoid the mall. Temptation!
45. Master the 10-second rule. Consider your purchases. Is this a Need or a Want?
46. Rent out unused space in your home.
47. Create a visual reminder of your debt. Encourage yourself with a nice chart that shows how your debt keeps getting smaller.
48. Cancel magazine subscriptions. Man, I am bad at this. The magazines pile up unread. How about you?
49. Eat breakfast. Again, I’m the worst at this. Lunch rolls around, I’m starving, and that’s when you spend!
50. Swap babysitting with neighbors.
…and 50 more! Did you see any savings tips that spoke to you? Ones that you are already doing? Do they work? Let us know over at the MindField Online Facebook page!