The National Retail Federation says that average spending for Mother’s Day is up this year – $173 vs. $163 last year, which is the highest amount since they began the survey. So, how do we spend those precious mom-dollars?
- Total spending: $21 billion
- Average spent per mom: $173
- 80% will buy a greeting card, spending $786 million,
- 67% will buy flowers, spending $2.4 billion.
- 36% will buy clothing items, spending almost $2 billion
- 34% will buy jewelry, spending $4.3 billion
- $3.8 billion spent on special brunch or activity
- $1.8 billion spent on smartphones or e-readers
- $1.5 billion spent on spa days
- $890 million spent on housewares or gardening tools
- $480 million spent on books and CDs
There is much more info at the original piece, so check it out!
How about you? Is your Mother’s Day spending up, down or about the same? What are your plans for Mother’s Day? Let us know over at the MindField Online Facebook page, and…Happy Mother’s Day!!