Let go of my Lucky Charms, and listen up! Here’s where all your “green” will go this year on St. Patrick’s Day, according to MSNMoney.com:
Who is celebrating?
- 55% of Americans will celebrate, up from 48% in 2007
- 58% of men, 53% of women
- 77% of 18-24 year-olds
- 133 million people total
- 34.1 million U.S. residents claim Irish ancestry
- 24.1% claim Irish ancestry in the “most Irish” city: Boston
How are we celebrating?
- 83% will wear green
- 34% make a special dinner
- 30% attend a party at a bar or restaurant
- 22% decorate the home or office
- 17% attend a private party
- 2 million – number of attendees at NYC St Pat’s parade, America’s largest
How much are we spending?
- $4.8 billion in spending
- $36 per person
- $255 million spent on beer
How about you? Any special plans for St Pat’s (other than possibly calling in sick on Tuesday?) Let us know over at the MindField Online Facebook page! Have a good weekend and a Happy St. Patrick’s Day!