According to Forbes Magazine, by way of FTD Florists, the average person celebrating Valentine’s Day is expected to spend $133.91 on the holiday in 2014. And that’s just America! Multiply that by the rest of the English-speaking world, the rest of Europe, South and East Asia and that’s… a BUNCH of money, dude!
So, where does the money go? Check it out!
- Total spending in the US: $17.3 billion
- Men spend $230, women spend $196.
- Marrieds spend $20-30 less than daters or engaged
- 18% spend NOTHING. Boo!
- Practical is not welcome! 37% give flowers, 19% give jewelry
- 180 million V-day cards are exchanged – 85% bought by women
- 196 million roses are purchased – 73% bought by men
- 14% of women send themselves flowers (Sad!)
- Top 5 gifts: 5) Jewelry, 4) Flowers, 3) Dinner, 2) Candy, 1) Cards
And now, the worst- and best-case scenarios:
- Percentage of women who would break it off if he forgot V-day: 53%!
- Number of babies conceived if it all goes well: 11,000!!
However (and however much) you spend on Valentine’s Day, we hope you get to be with somebody special. If not, there’s always next year! Enjoy the snuggles, and have a great weekend!Source. Source. Source.