Here’s another web roundup, this time all about this NUTTY weather. As they said, “first the snow, then the cold.” Even here in Charleston SC, it’s going to down to 21 degrees (but it will feel like 9!)
So here are some links about travel delays, economic impact, lost work, etc. More importantly, how to stay ALIVE in this mess if you find yourself stranded, or if you happen to be unlucky enough to have to work outside (yeah, I would call in sick!)
- ABC News Background Story
- Winter Storm Hercules: At Least 16 Deaths Blamed on Extreme Winter Weather in Northeast, Midwest
- Airlines continue to struggle with weather-related flight disruptions at LAX
- Snowy weather creates big disruptions
- Weather disruptions are a ‘short-term shock’ to the local economy
The US Post Office: USPS Service Alerts
- Chilly Weather Probably Impacted This Coming Week’s Economic Data — Here’s Your Complete Preview
- How to Prevent Disruptions to Satellite TV
- How to Survive a Winter Storm
- 10 Ways to Survive a Snowstorm
- A whole bunch of articles on Winter storm preparation from OSHA
So there’s your roundup! Two questions: have you ever heard of a Polar Vortex before now? Secondly, who is naming these things? Hercules? Ion? Give me a break!
Also, who has an outdoor NFL playoff game this weekend? Have fun with that!