So, fellow MindField-ers… having a good holiday weekend so far? Did you manage to get Friday off? I hope so! Last Friday, we did a post about 4th of July spending. I thought I would actually track my own this year, just for fun. First, the agenda…
Starting out from the suburbs of Charleston SC, it’s:
- July 4: Cookout at in-laws
- July 5: Antiquing in West Columbia SC
- July 6: Going to the beach at Kiawah SC
- July 7: Charleston Harbor tour and dining downtown
And here is my spending, real and projected:
- Cookout: 4 bags of chips, sodas and my homemade guacamole… $21
- Antiquing: Maybe $50, meals $25
- Beach: Sodas, snack, parking fee…$12. Lunch after, $20
- Harbor tour for 2: $20 (thanks Groupon!) Meals $40
- Gas for the weekend: 450 miles, at 30 miles per gallon, times $3.15 per gallon (it’s CHEAP in SC)…$47
Total Independence Day 2013 spending: $235
How does that sound to you? High? Low? About right? We had talked about spending the weekend in Asheville NC, which probably would have brought it up to at least $500, which is more in line with the numbers we reported last week. Fortunately, I am a CHEAPO! Wife is too, so at least we’re compatible!
So, what are YOUR plans. Let us know over at the MindField Online Facebook page. And have a great weekend!
BONUS: If it’s been since 9th grade that you have read the Declaration of Independence, you really should revisit the old girl. Read it HERE.