The consumer site Dealnews.com has done some research and found a bunch of items that should actually come down in price in 2012. End of the World closeouts, I imagine! So, check ‘em out!
- Apple iPad 2: The 3 is coming, so expect Apple to drop prices on the 2 just to clear the shelves.
- Wine: Due to the economy, the distributors see all of those $30 bottles gathering dust on the shelf!
- Desktop Replacement Laptops: Ones that don’t need to take such a beating as the truly on-the-go models, but mostly sit on your desk. Some are as low as $350 right now!
- Android Tablets: The low price of the Kindle fire is spurring the other guys into action.
- Car Rentals: Less travel means more cars sitting on the lot and tougher competition.
- Standalone GPS Units: Smartphones are killing this business, so expect the prices to drop.
- Media Streamers: Now that Blu-ray players are starting to feature streaming, guys like Roku will have to get more competitive with their pricing.
- 3D HDTVs: Because they are too dang expensive and nobody wants them!
- Home Prices: Great for buyers, bad for sellers!
I don’t know about you, but I am going to take advantage of these Apocalyptic savings in 2012. There are more listed in the article, so give it a read. And have a great weekend, MindField-ers!!