Hey gang! Here is a lightweight, on-vacation blog post about Christmas spending trends for 2011, based on predictions from the National Retail Federation…
Overall, the dollar amount we plan to spend…
- For gifts: $515.94 – down 50 bucks in the past 5 years
- For Decorations – $46.73
- For Holiday Food – $96.75
- Total Amount we plan to spend: $704.18
As for Holiday shopping trends…
- 60% of us see holiday shopping as an opportunity to buy something for ourselves
- 66% of us buy from a Discount Store
- 57% of us buy from a Department Store
- 49% of us buy from a Grocery Store/Supermarket
- 47% of us buy Online
- 42% if us say that sales and discounts are the most important factor
And 91% of us plan to celebrate the holidays!!
Do these stats sound right to you? Let us know!