Here’s a little bit of good news for all you Holiday shoppers here in the States. Imagine reading THIS article in the UK Daily Mail that says the following:
- An iPod Nano costs $175 in London and $135 in Boston
- UGG boots: $269 London, $147 Boston
- Elizabeth Arden 8-hr cream: $39 London, $18 Boston
- Men’s Ralph Lauren pullover: $185 London, $95 Boston
- Sesame Street Rockin’ Elmo: $130 London, $62 Boston
What would you do? Would you buy a plane ticket and do your Holiday shopping in the US of A? Due to a relatively weak Dollar, and HUGE UK taxes, thousands of Brits are doing exactly that this year!
So, as you watch the Wal-Mart credit-card swiper start to smoke and throw sparks as it adds up your purchases, take heart…it could be worse!