Yahoo has recently conducted a big study on the numbers and ways we are using our smartphones for entertainment, specifically how much time we watch mobile video. Check it out!
How many of us are using mobile web?
According to the Yahoo study, 54% are spending more time on mobile web than a year ago.
How are we using mobile web?
- 38% of mobile consumers used the mobile Web to connect with other users.
- 16% used mobile Web to search
- 15% used it for entertainment
And the time spent watching video on mobile has increased nearly 30%
What kinds of entertainment?
- 42% gaming video content
- 34% movie clips and trailers
- 33% full-length TV shows and movies or sports coverage
- 32% celebrity, beauty or fashion video content on their devices
- 14% political coverage
The majority of time spent happens before 1 p.m.
Are we satisfied with what we are seeing?
Are you kidding? We’re AMERICANS! 60% of us are still looking for a better user experience and expect more!
So that’s the rundown. You’re welcome to check out the original article but, frankly, it’s a tough read! How about you? Are you using mobile web for entertainment? Has your use increased?