They always say that word of mouth is the purest form of advertisement. That hasn’t changed. What has changed is that, 20 years ago, your word of mouth testimonial might be heard by 5 or 10 of your friends. Today, thanks to your mobile phone, your word of mouth goes out to hundreds via Facebook, Twitter and text message.
And, according to a recent article at Mobile Commerce Daily, retailers are starting to pay attention – enough to commission a survey that said:
- 46% of consumers told their friends about a positive retail experience
- 40% told their friends about a negative experience
- 18% commented via Facebook
- 8% commented via Twitter, and
- 32% commented via SMS (text message)
What do you think? Have you taken your word of mouth and Gone Digital? Are you more likely to praise or complain? Let us know!